Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring Fever!


Technically this is my second Spring in New York. Last year, I was so caught up with settling down, starting my new job and basically getting acquainted with the city, I never really got to enjoy the season or the proverbial phrase -- "stop and smell the flowers."

That is why I am excited to welcome Spring this year. As much I loved Winter, which may be a surprise to my friends as they know me to be bad with the cold weather, I really did enjoy Winter. Aside from the fact that I can dress up in my numerous winter coats and accesorize with scarves, gloves and other winter garments, winter depicts life in the United States. As I analyze it, when I was back in the Philippines, we usually connect snow, cold weather and winter garment with the United States. When I lived in Los Angeles, there isn't really a chance to wear the winter garments or even see snow falling. So when I moved to New York City, winter was an exciting season for me.

Today, as we welcome the official start of Spring, I see this time as a chance to come out of hibernation, recharge our batteries and welcome another chapter of our lives with enthusiasm!

No comments: