Monday, July 02, 2007

Everyday - by Francis Galasi

- photo by Francis Aquino-

Everyday –
Under the tired grey sky,
the biting wind on my face,
The random noise of people walking by,
The deafening siren of a hurrying ambulance,
The mosaic colors of thousands of billboards,
street signs
restaurants
little, big shops
The cries of hungry babies, hushes of comforting parents
The drowning, lifting smell of kitchens in motion
The barks of restless dogs in their afternoon walks
The honking of impatient taxi drivers
The indecipherable woven blanket of sounds,
smells,
visions,
unvoiced thoughts,
of plain living,
The restless momentum of passing existence,

The lunches and dinners,
The shadows and the sunlight,
The cold and the sweat,
The high noon and the dusk,

My standing up and sitting down,
My rest and my movement,
My waking and my sleep,
My hunger, my thirst,
My passion, my numbness,

Everything –
in every thing,
I find you there.

No comments: