Thursday, July 05, 2007

Book: Finding the Boyfriend Within

I recently came accross this book at St. Mark's bookstore in the East Village on my way to going shopping with Francis G. I wasn't reading anything at the moment and I wanted to try out some self help books regarding relationships. Not that I needed any help of course. I mean of all people, I would be the last one to admit that I have a problem with relationships. Being that its been eons ago since I last had one.

Brad Gooch, the author, wrote something that really struck me. And I wanted to share with your exerpts from the book:

"It was the simple truth that love, happiness, and respect come from within. What we often mean when we say, 'I'm looking for a boyfriend,' is that we're looking for that warm feeling of happiness, or contentment, or peace and inner satisfaction..."

Of course this sense of love, happiness, and integrity traditionally arises out of a relationship with someone else...But the basic, often-mouthed-yet-still-true paradox is that we're only good at loving and being happy with others to the extent that we love and are happy being with ourselves."

Wow. I am in the process of finding, making myself aware and hopefully listen to my boyfriend within. He continues:

"What we often do not realize is that this imaginary lover is inside of ourselves. And it's one of the standard mysteries of life that when we locate that tall, dark, wise, and handsome lover within ourselves, he's more likely to materialize...and be an actual three-dimensional good guy in our lives..."

Think about it.

No comments: