Friday, July 06, 2007

All Asians Look the Same!

I was catching up on some entertainment news this morning on different blog sites. I was outraged by the comment that a certain Mr. Brad Williams made. He is a stand up comic and a comic collaborator with Mind of Mencia on Comedy Central. He is also afflicted with dwarfism.

The article was talking about one of the media outlets mistakenly calling him "Weeman" from the show "Jack Ass" which according to him happens a lot. He emailed the media site, "All dwarfs do not look the same. What are we, Asian?"

Its ironic that he was trying to correct a misconception with another misconception. This is one of the stereotypes for Asians that really makes me angry. There are a lot more out there and I am hoping, in my own little way, maybe through this blog I can make a difference in changing certain stereotypes regarding Asians.

No comments: