Friday, August 22, 2008

Paolo and NN


After years of dating and numerous break ups, a mixture of loving, fighting, crying, hugging and lots of eating, my very good friends, Paolo and Nina got married last August 17, 2008 in Manila, Philippines. Congratulations! I couldn't think of a more perfect match! And I am not saying that in a very generic way. Coz, sometimes it just seems like the right thing to say at weddings, since y'know they got married already and all, but with Paolo and NN, they are really perfect for each other!

I met NN through Alex. She's the kind of person that you either easily fall in love with or just absolutely detest. She's very talkative, she can be very loud and she speaks her mind without hesitation. On the other hand, she has the heart of an angel that would love and care for a friend in the most unconditional way possible. I also love that she can be the most vulnerable person in the universe at one point and be Wonder Woman (plus size) in a split second.

I met Paolo in Don Bosco Makati. He was still a young kid when I got to know him. We weren't actually that close. I can't even remember if we interacted at all back in school. But as fate may have it, we met again when we both worked for Ancilla. With Paolo, you can feel at ease even if you just stepped into the group two seconds ago. He has this skill of welcoming you in such a way that you'd wish he was your best friend.

Thereby, two absolutely different people, with the utmost opposite characteristics, joined together to form the inevitable perfect match.

I would like to share my letter to them:
Dear Paolo and NN,

Congratulations! I have yet to see the photos and watch the videos, but from what I heard, the ceremony was perfect, the groom was dashing and the bride, not just blushing but also glowing! Although, even without the photos and the videos, I know these are all true. In my mind, I have imagined the two of you getting married, saying your vows and of course gorging on your cake! LOL! I'm sure it was perfect!

I am sorry that I missed everything, as I couldn't fly back to the Philippines just yet. As the both of your might've been asking why I haven't been a willing participant in the preparations and even the video montage from friends who couldn't make it, I am sorry for that. It's just that it hurts to know that I won't be able to witness the wedding of two very good friends of mine. I remember during our Starbucks rendezvous in Greenhills, where we talk about wedding plans and crazy stunts we would pull off. It would've been great to be there and be part of such a great event.

What's even more surprising is NN actually got married! And to Paolo! LOL! Like what I said before, you guys couldn't be more perfect for each other. The phrase "you complete each other" seems awfully true for you guys. Paolo, as ever mister polite, gentleman, soft spoken, God-fearing, all together nice guy! And NN, well, NN is just the way she is! LOL!

Congratulations once again and I wish the both of you all the love in the world! I can't wait for a little Pao or Little NN!

I love you guys!

- Francis
Here is their wedding video, and I was informed that this was an on-site video, which means it was shot during the wedding and was put together just in time to be shown at the reception! Awesome job! I promise, I didn't cry!

No comments: