Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Looking for Something Real"

That was the title of Bryan's ad that he posted on CraigsList. I haven't really talked to anyone about him in depth. But yes, I did respond to one of those "men seeking men" ads on craigslist. But I swear, I was just there to look at pictures. No really. But then, I saw this ad that was looking for something real. I thought that was quite rare because as we all know, that portion of craigslist is really for hooking up. So i was curious to find out who was at the other end of the keyboard. Who is this someone that posted an ad on a hook up site. Could he be some desperate fool, trying to finally find something real online. So i responded.

End result of things, minus the details, we corresponded via email for the first few days. Them escalated things to phone calls. Then met each other a couple of times. I was once again hopeful. And that was where things fell apart. Phone calls weren't returned. Text messages took forever to be answered. And one final text message said.

"I am having some issues with work and life right now, will catch up later..."

I wanted to give it a chance. I wanted to think that it could really be issues with work and life. But something tells me that its a hint that things aren't going to work out between us. Sometimes, its just what it is. I wanted to tell him, i'm a big boy. I can take a hint.

Still, I might be wrong.

No comments: