Thursday, January 31, 2008

An Important Lesson

I came across Jessica's blog, after having gastric bypass surgery and losing nearly 200 lbs she wrote:

And now I realize it’s the biggest gift that I have ever received: weight. By having the opportunity of being obese, and also a “normal” weight, or at least on my way to it, I have been able to hone the qualities that I found most endearing in a person. I also was able to learn at a very young age that it doesn’t matter what a person looks like, and not to judge by appearances, the way that most people did with me.

The most important lesson I learned is that you have to love yourself, before anyone else can love you. Happiness lies completely within the individual. No one else can make, or break it for you, without your permission. Throughout high school, I cursed the body that I was “given,” and now I realize that it has made me a stronger, better person.

-- http://mysticsclub.wordpress.com/

No comments: