Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hope Sucks

"Standing motionless in the shower this morning, letting the water just cascade over my head down my body, I had a realization. The worst thing about dating isn't getting rejected. It's allowing yourself to hope. Hope is the absolutely worst thing you can do when you're dating. Oh, I know hope is supposed to be this great sustaining emotion. Everybody always says, "Don't lose hope." Fuck that. Hope sucks. It's because I hope so hard that the disappointment is always so great.

It's about time I simply accepted the fact that there is no one out there waiting for me. Mr. Right doesn't exist."

- Men Who Love Men by William J. Mann

2 comments:

Coldman said...

Masyado namang cynical 'to. I still don't lose hope. Dapat nga hope floats!

But who knows, baka one of these days baka ma post ko rin yan. (wag naman sana!) Lol!

I am living the magic. said...

cynical - a: contemptuously distrustful of human nature and motives b: based on or reflecting a belief that human conduct is motivated primarily by self-interest.

'nuff said