Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Kenny

I checked my email and found this really sad email from my friend Sal. Her cat, Kenny died. And for all the parents of 4-legged furry babies, you would really feel how much it hurts to lose your baby. It makes me teary eyed every time i read it. I just wanted to share this with you guys. I will miss Kenny. He's one great cat!

My cat Kenny died today. Todd and I got home around 9pm and we found his lifeless body on the floor. His body was already stiff so he must have died during the day. I didn't see any signs of his failing health as he has been acting very normal and seemed like he was getting better since he was released from the hospital over a month ago. He even had his wet food this morning.

I am very sad but in a way relieved that it happened this way. This is how I had envisioned him to pass away. He most likely had a heart attack because of his poor heart condition. I have a good feeling he passed away quickly and peacefully.

I feel good about my decision to prolong Kenny's life and if I had to go through this again, I would make the same decisions I've made for him then.

I will bring his body to the cremation place first thing tomorrow morning. I plan to put the urn where we can all be with him, probably in our bedroom.

Goodbye Kenny. Thank you for the good memories you've given us for 4 years. Keep that feisty spirit within you and as you cross the rainbow bridge, remember that Mommy loves you so much and will miss you with all her heart.

Sal

No comments: