Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Crazy Sky Diving!










It was exhilarating!

Mikey asked me one day on yahoo chat if i wanted to go sky diving. Without even thinking about it, i instantly typed back -- YES! It was something ive always wanted to do, or rather always thought i wanted to do but didnt really have the courage to do so. Thanks to Mikey, ive done it!

I was psyched to do it a couple of weeks ago, but due to bad weather and extreme winds, our scheduled jump was postponed. It was ok though, because of the winds, we might land somewhere in Wisconsin or Iowa. So it was cool, i guess.

We trekked back to Boston last Sunday, November 11. It was 29 degrees when we left the house. It was freakingly cold and we didnt know how on earth could we jump in this weather. But we went there, signed up, went through a quick seminar and we were off. The plane was a tiny aircraft, fit for just 5 people, squeezed in real tight. We donned our suits, put on the harness and then hooked up with our instructor (errr by hooked up i really mean getting hooked up to them literally! lol!).

It was time to jump. Mikey was first. I saw them jump and do a dive in the air. F*ck it was so scary! I started hyperventilating. I couldnt move nor jump. My instructor, Paul, forced my feet to the airplane step and didnt even bother asking if i was ready. He just pushed his body weight on me and after a second, we jumped off the plane. Yeah, jumped off the plane falling 120 mph over a 10,000 feet from the ground. I finally knew how it feels to fly. Cold wind was blowing on my face. Then the parachute opened. Paul asked if i wanted to maneuver the chute and reluctantly i said yes. It was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!

And then we were back in the ground. Wow! You kids should try sky diving. Its something quite memorable!

No comments: