Friday, November 02, 2007

Boo! My Halloween Mishap...

So its that time of the year again when people go crazy and dress up in costumes. This is my first Halloween in New York City. Technically its my second but I won't count 2006 coz i was dead poor that time. I was so broke that I stayed home most the time for 3 months and was only leaving the apartment for job interviews. Anyways, so I go with my friend Yang to Chelsea to see hot boys in their lycra pants and sexy shirtless costumes. Yang was wearing a very original costume. Something from an asian comic book character, which he himself cannot remember the name.

It was a fun night. Perfect weather to have a parade and to just walk the streets and take photos of very creative costumes (ok, fine, we went boy watching too!). We also went to RUSH, where we danced the night away, as they always say.

So it was 2am and we, along with our fellow halloween revelers were waiting for the train in the subway. Since I just moved to a new apartment I had to look at the subway map to figure out whats the best connection to get to my new place. As I was staring intently at the map, a shadow was cast over my right shoulder, he apparently was trying to get a good view of the map as well. Instinctively, I glanced towards that direction and to my surprise it was this scary mask of death!

I dont know. It may have been that its 2am, and that im cold, tired and hungry. Or maybe it was just that I was focusing too much on the map. But I completely forgot that it was the night when people do dress up in costumes, and that their costumes can be sometimes scary. So as I glanced at this mystery person, I let out this loud scream of fear and shock. Amidst all the people waiting for the train.

Yes. It was embarrassing. Totally.

After the initial shock. Yang burst into this uncontrollable rage of laughter. Of course I got over the embarrassment and laughed at myself too. We asked Mr. Death for a photo. Yang had to make sure that we got this photo to remember this fateful night. Thanks Yang!

No comments: