Friday, June 06, 2008

O-R-E-O!


Presenting the new love of my life. Oreo is a 4 month old shih tzu puppy that I adopted from a puppy mill that was shut down in Brooklyn, New York. It was one of those Saturday afternoons when I decided to trek to Brooklyn and finally get a puppy.

You see I am really a dog person. Don't get me wrong, I love my cat, Pumpkin. As much as I love Oreo. They're like my children. I couldn't love one more than the other. But Pumpkin is just so bitchy that I really couldn't get that certain kind of unconditional love with a dog. But I love Pumpkin's bitchiness. That's her best trait and I believe I trained her well!

So it has been almost a month of crazy training, sleepless nights, early morning pee pee sessions and a gazillion percent of pure puppy love! That is why when I brought her to my friend, Jasmine who is going to pet sit Oreo for the weekend while I am in Los Angeles, I was surprised on how hard it was to leave her. I was sobbing like crazy in the middle of Port Authority (bus station in NY) while everyone was giving me the crazy stare. Then when I got home, there wasn't anyone to greet me. I guess it was reminiscent of the day when I left Will (my first dog) with my friend.

I miss Oreo. I miss Pumpkin. I miss Will!