Thursday, May 08, 2008

www.match.com

Ok. I'm going to confess. I did it. I subscribed to Match.com!

Don't really know how I feel about it. I think its a mixture of different things. I have succumbed to the online dating world trying to find love. For some it could be a bit hopeful, but for the rest of the world, it could be called pathetic. I call it hopefully pathetic. Yup. Well at least I am still hopeful!

For the past hour and a half, I have gone through hundreds of profiles on that oh so wonderful site. I asked myself, what ever happened to traditional match making, sparks flying and the entire philharmonic orchestra playing when you bump into someone and felt the magic? Is it really gone? Have we deteriorated to some sort of online shopping and with a click of a button...voila! You have just purchased LOVE, you just have to choose express shipping!

Nevertheless, I vowed to try Match.com for a month, and only a month. This looking for love thing is exhausting. So you browse through hundreds of (pathetic) hopefuls, click on them, either wink or email them, then wait for them to respond. If they don't respond then its sure as hell means they're not interested. BUT! if they do respond, then maybe you guys can meet up for a date. THEN, figure out if its a match. So I gather that the $42.00 subscription doesn't really guarantee LOVE!

I would've been able to buy lots of things with $42!

Still hopeful. I haven't really began scheduling dates. And its as if there are thousands of people on that site waiting in line to go out on a date with me. But we'll see. Gad, still looking for magic!

1 comment:

Coldman said...

You might find me there! Just kidding.

First time here and I love your blog!