Sunday, December 02, 2007

Plus One

I've always been independent. No wait, not entirely true. Most of the time, I am very independent. I've learned to fend for myself and survive on my own for the most part of my adult life. Considering that in my early 20's I decided to move to the United States and try my life here. Ever since then, I've been on the road to a life of challenges, trials, disappointments and of course great successes as well.

Of course I am going to write about love. The first paragraph was just an attempt at a semi-intellectual blog posting.

The past few weeks I have been wondering what it would feel like to have a "plus one." You know, when you get invited to events and you RSVP and add a "plus one." In most cases it hasn't been a big deal for me to go alone, or in most cases bring a friend. But this time its different. I tend to think about having a significant "plus one" in my life.

Is this the effect of the wide spread commercialization of the holiday season where everything else would be extra special if you would be celebrating the joyous events with someone special? Is it because I just recently turned 30 years old, and in more way than one, I might be getting old, and would want someone to share my life with? Is it because most of the people around me are adding their "plus one's" in their lives as well?

I don't know.

No comments: